TurboSquid 3D Marketplace

TurboSquid 3D Marketplace
For all your digital needs, shop TurboSquid

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

iPad2

I went to the GDC Online in Austin, TX a couple of weeks ago, and I won an iPad2 in a drawing from one of the exhibitors. I didn't even have a laptop (lets just say that because of a lack of funds, I rarely buy any tech stuff), and I never expected I'd ever win anything so cool. It's a great device. The first thing I did with it was download Angry Birds and play it. Then when hubby said (rather derisively) that I had what amounted to a $600 game machine, I wondered if there was something else I could do with it. A few days later I was dreaming of having a Cintiq, and then I wondered if I could draw on the iPad. It turns out you can! And I did.


This is the first drawing I did with Adobe Sketchbook Express. I did this with my finger LOL I have ordered a Wacom Bamboo stylus and am going to download the Pro version of Sketchbook. I have never been very good at drawing on a regular wacom tablet, I'm much better on paper. I suppose it's because it's hard with a tablet to see what you're doing (hence wanting a cintiq). I think that winning the iPad2 might be the best thing that's ever happened for my traditional drawing skills :)

No comments:

Post a Comment